Hello everyone! While I was reading through some blogs, I found this awesome ’18 Songs’ tag on Liz’s blog. I thought that it would be fun, so I’ve decided to do it as well! I’ve been really busy and distracted lately, and a tag seemed like a simple way to get back into a blogging routine before I’m off traveling this weekend (which I’ll hopefully blog about afterwards).
Before I start, I just wanted to let you know that I tried to refrain from making every selection a song from Halsey, but I’m sure she’ll still be in there a lot (sorry).
- Favorite song: “Is There Somewhere” by Halsey
- Song you hate: I’m not sure if I would use the word hate, but I can’t stand “All About that Bass” by Meghan Trainor. It might be a song that I heard too many times, who knows.
- Song you listen to again and again: “New Rules” by Dua Lipa. It’s so catchy, and I also have a habit of getting back with exes so it’s a nice anthem.
- Song you don’t like but still sing because it’s repetitive: “Cheap Thrills” by Sia
- Song you heard so many times that you now hate it: “Heathens” by Twenty One Pilots. “Closer” is pretty close, but it still has Halsey so it’s normally okay.
- Song that makes you dance crazy: “…Ready for It” by Taylor Swift. Or any Taylor Swift honestly, my college roommates can confirm that. Of course anything by Halsey would get me dancing too.
- Song(s) for depressive times: “Not Afraid” by Eminem, “Kitchen Sink” by Twenty One Pilots, or “Unstoppable” by Sia. Or if I feel like staying in a sad mood “We All Wanna Die Sometimes” by VELVETEARS
- Song(s) that make you feel like you can actually sing like a superstar: “Heaven in Hiding” by Halsey
- Favorite songs from the same album: Basically everything from ‘Badlands’ by Halsey. There’s “Castle,” “Hold Me Down,” “Hurricane,” “Roman Holiday,” “Ghost,” “Colors,” “Gasoline,” “Control,” and “Young God.”
I could have saved time by saying the whole album but it’s okay.
- Song(s) you want in your wedding: I’m that weird sort of girl who hasn’t really fantasized about having a wedding at all. Maybe “Unconditionally” by Katy Perry or “Parachute” by Ingrid Michaelson or “Everyday” by Ariana Grande.
- Song you are thinking of right now: “Princess” by Fletcher. My friend told me to start listening to her and she’s great.
- Song that your brother/sister/BFF is obsessed with: “Pink Lemonade” by the Wombats
- Song you are listening to right now: “Blue Lips” by Regina Spektor
- What kind of melody do you think your blog transmits: Perhaps “Castle” or “Hurricane” by Halsey (like my blog title haha)
- Song that should be played at your funeral: “Born to Die” by Lana Del Rey
- Song you put on to go into the shower: “Robbers” by the 1975. It has a dreamy vibe to it.
- First song that you heard from your favorite band/singer: “Gasoline” was the first Halsey song that got me to discover her. I also really like the Pretty Reckless, and I think an acoustic version of “Just Tonight” was the first song that I heard from them.
- What song(s) people don’t expect you to know: People probably don’t know I listen to a variety of music about many different topics. I’m kind of an unpredictable person since I keep to myself a lot, so I feel like anything could be surprising. I can rap to “Love the Way You Lie,” would that be unexpected?
Thanks for reading! If you’re interested, go ahead and do the tag yourself (I’d love to read it)! Otherwise, feel free to tell me any songs that are stuck in your head below!