I’m one of those people who ends up working the summer away, and July was a prime example of that. I had many things on my to do list, so I basically took a mini-hiatus from this blog in order to sort out my life. Since I took care of so many things this month, however, I should be able to have more free time in the future!
- Moved into a new apartment. If you read my previous post, you know I’ve recently moved into a new place. Apartment searching, signing a lease, packing, picking up my keys, moving…it’s been a lot of work. I’m finally settling in and I love my new apartment so far!
- Earned a promotion. I started working at a sandwich shop this summer, and I have already been asked to become a shift leader! I appreciated the promotion as my last job gave me all the extra responsibilities without a new title or a pay raise (needless to say my ‘summer’ job is now my main job).
- Finally took care of ‘adult’ things. I put off so many things this year, but I finally made it to the dentist, got my cat her vaccinations, and registered my car.
- Got a new pair of glasses! This goes along with my last statement, but I ordered a new pair of glasses and some more contacts! Last year, I ended up procrastinating on contacts to the point where I had to wear my glasses 24/7. I’m glad I didn’t wait that long this year! I was also happy to get a new pair of glasses, especially since I scratched up my old pair to the point that I could barely see out of them. I also had my old pair of glasses for the past three years, so it has been nice to wear a new style.
- Thor: Ragnorak
- I’ve found that this is more of an unpopular opinion, but I love the Thor movies! Since this was on Netflix (plus I’ve watched the other two Thor’s within the past couple of months), I decided to rewatch this one! It was my first time watching it post-Infinity War so it was rough.
- I’m on the last season of Friends! This Rachel-Joey-Ross love triangle thing is kind of messing me up, but it’s fine.
- Wonder Woman Warbringer
- I’m not sure if I love this young teenage Wonder Woman, but this book has been pretty enjoyable to read so far.
- Her Universe
- I love geeky clothing, and I rediscovered this shopping website this month (although I wish I had looked into it earlier). I try not to buy clothes often (I hate spending money and don’t want extra things I’m not going to use laying around), but I purchased a few things from the site (which I’ll probably share somewhere online when I receive it).
- Songs I’ve Been Listening to:
What I’m Looking Forward to in August
- Retro Cup! While I’m not sure if I’m going to continue playing quidditch next year, I at least have this fantasy tournament (where everyone signs up individually and 4-5 captains draft teams for that tournament only) to look forward to! Especially since this is the only time I get to travel this summer, I’m excited!
- Focusing more on blogging. I now have reliable Internet and more time to blog! I’m going to make a list of blog goals to motivate me to work hard on my blog. One things for sure…I would really like to get a domain for my blog in the near future!
- Making videos. I’ve wanted to make YouTube videos for a while now, and this time I am seriously going to work at accomplishing this. I have more space in my apartment to film so it should be easier for me.
What were your July highlights? What are you looking forward to in August?